Want to know how to prepare for your dermal filler treatment coming up? Please read the following:
- Drink lots of water! HA fillers need water to settle perfectly on your skin, if you’re dehydrated you won’t get the best out of your treatment.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic drinks for about 3 days before your treatment, alcohol thins the blood and will increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid anti inflamatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before your treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo bill a, ginseng, St. John’s Wort and some others have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Discontinue Retin A 2 days before and 2 days after treatmtments.
- You must reschedule your treatment at least 5 days in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, medication can be used to avoid a break out.
- Have some food! Eating and drinking plenty before your treatment will decrease the chances of lighheadness during your treatment.
- You can take antihistamine tablets or apply arnica creams on the are to be treated previous to your treatment day to reduce swelling.
- You can’t have this treatment whilst pregnant or breastfeeding.